Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Siblings are forever

Today the kids wanted to run home from aunt Christi's house. They all took off and Asher almost immediately took a dive. I was in the car and watched him go down and his face snap into the sidewalk. I threw the car in park and watched Jamison and Caleb instantly turn around and run back to their brother. He was crying of coarse, his teeth nicked his upper lip and was bleeding a bit. I asked him if he wanted to get in the car, and through tears he said, "No I am still going to run." He popped up after a minute and was off again. When we almost got home he was out of gas. The two older kids were basically to the driveway and Asher was back a ways at a stand still, upset. I watched as the two older kids stopped, turned around, ran to Asher and walked side by side with him until they were all home. This was such a good moment for mom. We tell the kids all the time that friends will come and go, but they will always have their brothers and sisters. They need to watch out for each other. We have had several experiences as of late where that has been manifest, whether they know it or not. Today I was able to witness the love of siblings in my own kids and it was a sweet sweet moment!

5 comments:

SuSu said...

I love this. So true. Great Picture. Love those forever siblings!

Anonymous said...

ok thanks for making me cry. I think as a mother thats all I want is for my kids to look out for each other and love each other. Good Job you guy's rock as parents

Mike and Nickie said...

Nothing is more secure than siblings. They may take years to realize it, but you are raising them to be each others best friends! Hats off to you!

Mikael Squire said...

my heart id warm and fuzzy now

Witam said...

Fajny post ;) proszę zrób to co mam w ostatniej notce i zachęcaj znajomych;) to dla mnie bardzo ważne.Jesli chcesz dodac mnie do obserwowanych ;-)