Friday, December 16, 2011

A peculiar people

The people of our church are at times called a peculiar people. Our kids are peculiar, not just because of their religious beliefs...but because they are simply not normal. Three things come to mind. 1. They love to watch Michael Buble concerts. I know that does not sound that weird, who doesn't like to watch him. But, they are 8,6,5,3, and 1 1/2, and they like it just as much as any cartoon. They have been watching his concerts for about 4 years. They would pick that over movies sometimes. Not typical. 2. Asher had a school party this week. There was a table full of goodies. There were donuts, big cupcakes, little cupcakes, chocolate cookies, white chocolate popcorn, etc. I asked Mique what she wanted and with all of the sugar laid out before her she picked pretzels and olives. What kid prefers that? 3. The other day I was at hobby lobby and the lady helping me asked Asher what he wanted Santa to bring him. He did not hesitate before saying hand sanitizer. She looked at me and half whispered, "Did he say sanitizer?" I kinda chuckled as I told her, "Yep, he sure did." All I want for Christmas are clean hands!!! We breed them a bit peculiar!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I don't think #1 is that odd. #2 and #3 sure made me chuckle though. Love those kids!

Kimberly said...

Love it ;)

Anonymous said...

Love this post I would agree that it is not normal but I have to say I love thwm!