Thursday, December 6, 2012

Perfectionist

I know it may be hard to believe (especially if you happened to walk into my house right now) but I do have a streak of perfectionism in me!  I have missed out on a lot as a result (drawing, playing pain/violin-anything of the artistic nature) so I try to let go of it to save my sanity.

When I was in college (probably high school too) I would take all my notes in class in pencil.  But that did not look nice enough, so I would always redo them in pen.  It had to look nice, neat and PERFECT.  If I messed up on the third word on the last line, you better believe that I threw that whole paper away and started from the beginning.  I rationalized that I was learning the material as I wrote and rewrote it.  I have to say, anyone that borrowed my notes did not have a problem reading them. (wow computers would have saved me a lot of time..I should have gone to college now and days.)

So how do I transition from expecting perfection from my own notes and handwriting to letting go of my daughters messy and erratic handwriting IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!! I try really hard to not harp on her and give gentle reminder occasionally...but really I am wondering from where this child came?  Certainly her handwriting did not come from me (or her father for that matter), I just hope that some day she will care enough to write nicely, and if not I will still love her massive amounts!

3 comments:

Chels said...

Blame it on Pappy ;)

Chanel said...

I have horrid handwriting and spelling, and it has gotten worse with age. The crazy thing is that I used to harp on Declan so bad about his. Finally in about 4th grade I decided that it was the teachers job to correct it if she could not read it, not mine trying to make it my ideal. I let it go, and was shocked that the teachers rarely said anything about it and it got better all on its own, without my ceaseless nagging- imagine that! Now his reading requires a microscope because it is so small, but I don't even flinch because if it is good enough for his teachers it works for me. I actually have come to love that handwriting because it is oh so Declan :)

cctvdrainsurvey said...

Many of the older properties in London and even some of the newer ones are prone to drainage problems. With everything from root growing into pipes, your own home waste blocking the pipe, to leaves and gravel being washed into the storm drains, there are a million and one things that can cause pipes inside and outside your home to be blocked.This is why it is very important to keep those drains free of debris to prevent them from becoming blocked. London drain cleaning will keep your pipes flowing freely to keep your property safe.
drain cleaning london