Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Run Out

Last Wednesday Grant and I went to Colorado to celebrate our 1oth anniversary. It was wonderful and I loved the time with just Grant (and Isaac). On Sunday I was excited to see the other kids and love on them. I felt rejuvenated and as if I had a new supply of patience. Well after four short days, that new supply has run out. I did good all day, but after dinner when things were still not clean, kids were goofing around and not obeying for the umtenth time, I lost it. There was yelling, spanking, crying, throwing away of toys (mostly broken ones, but the kids do not need to know that) and finally obedience and a somewhat picked up house. I wish there was an easier way to motivate...or maybe more appropriately, I wish I was a better more patient mom in my motivation, but here we are...

8 comments:

Annie. said...

I hear you...I had a loss of patience a few days ago with Eli and I am feeling bad about it still. I guess that's why we remember - so we can try not to do the same thing again!

Regina said...

You were doing pretty well with all five at Sams yesterday! I think you do better than you give yourself credit for. If you ever want a break, call me! I would love to babysit!

Kristy Graff said...

i know how you feel! it's so hard to be patient all the time but you are an awesome mom.

Kristy Graff said...

i got the pancake pen at williams sonoma. i love it!

Holly said...

Oh Britt. We all have "those kinds" of days. Thats the beauty of it though, its just a day and the next one can be better! Plus five to one is never a good ratio, you are doing the best you can and you are such a good mother!

Jessie said...

I am so relieved to read that I am not the only one that loses it and starts throwing away toys!

It was fun chatting with you at the movies last night! Little Isaac is so adorable!

SuSu said...

I hear ya.........I remember those days all too well and I'm living them again now! It does get better......just sometimes not fast enough.

Mikael Squire said...

Time for another weekend off.