Thursday, July 29, 2010

Odds against me

I have been trying to work out for about a month and a half. I really want to get rid of the baby weight. (Okay so the baby weight is probably gone and now I am working on the ice cream weight.) Either way, I have been trying to do something about it, but it seems like someone out there does not want me to fit back into my clothes (which by the way stinks to have a closet full of clothes, and yet nothing to fit/wear.) Shortly after I started I got a clogged duct that knocked me down for a few days and put me on an antibiotic for the second time since Isaac was born. I got feeling better and went to Durango with my family. I took all my running clothes to Durango so I could do a few short runs, then forgot my shoes, nice huh! I got another week and a half or so of workouts in before I came down with another round of strep throat. Back on antibiotics for the third time in two months and down and out for another little bit. I got back on a better schedule working out last week. I was feeling really good this week....then Tuesday happened.

I was riding my bike on a trainer indoors. I was having a good ride with only 5 minutes left and on my last interval. I was standing up for a minute long and was in the middle of that when Asher came in to talk to me. I was paying more attention to him than my riding and before I knew it I was falling. I was clipped in to the pedals, and my clips are too tight so I could not get me feet out. I threw my arm out to cushion the fall (bad idea) and hyper extended my elbow. I was in a fair amount of pain, and still clipped into my bike. I was laying on the ground trying to get the pain under control and get unclipped and out of the awkward position. I eventually did it.

But now my elbow is sore, swollen and left me unable to do most of my workouts....seriously, losing weight is not a bad thing, so why are the odds so against me? I am sure I looked hilarious to Asher as I fell and lay on the ground, and I am now laughing at what a nerd I am. Maybe someday I will be able to take care of myself and get back to it.

4 comments:

Kristy Graff said...

this story is the best. and don't worry, you look great-i would trade you any day!

Amy said...

Goodness! I can just see him standing there too.

brit said...

sorry u got hurt, but i am secretly glad, that way u don't get too far ahead of me getting back into shape. jk hope your elbow feels better soon, and better luck next week.

Holly said...

Bummer Britt. I am totally going through the same thing right now. I finally started going to the gym and my trainer told me she was moving to Defined. So I joined Defined, loved it and took my girls to the nursery for the first time and come to find out they wont take babies younger than 10 months. Really such a bummer. So then I decide I will start running again and the next day I broke my toe! Ridiculous! I hope you feel better soon and be careful:))