Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Haaampp

It took me awhile to figure out what haaampp meant, but now it is a word as any other, at least in our family. It is food in the tongue of Miquelyn. This is how she tells me she wants food. If she wants a bite of my food she sits really close to me repeating haaampp over and over again. She now says I want haaampp. Last night it went to a new level. She was saying dinner prayer (which is mostly mumbo jumbo to us) but there are a few words she says well. She says Heavenly Father, help me, thank you, Jesus Christ and a few others. When I prompted her to say thank you for the food she said an audible thank you then haaampp. It took all I had not to burst out laughing. Then it came out again when she said bless the food. I want to try and get it on video because it is so funny to me, and only fully appreciated when heard. It is amazing to me that I can even speak Miquelyn language, but occasionally I can.

5 comments:

Ashley Allred said...

Totally know what you mean! lol. Teigen is getting better but some words just do not sound how they should. Good thing us moms figure out what they mean! :)

Amy said...

Too cute. Max has a couple of good ones... fruit snacks are snuit snacks and forgot it scergot.

Holly said...

I dig it:))

Annie. said...

THAT IS AWESOME.

Kristy Graff said...

haha! that's great! she's the cutest!