Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Special

Grant got to do something very special (to him and me) for the second time this year. He was able to be the partner and coach golfing for my good buddy Scott in the New Mexico Special Olympics. I grew up with Scott and feel like he is a part of our family. Scott used to stroke my hair, tell me how beautiful I was, and say he was going to marry me. He kinda liked me, but now...now I am peanuts compared to Grant. He LOVES Grant! And Grant loves him. The other week I was asking Grant what he liked to do, and his first response was, "I like to golf with Scott." This has been something that was, and is, so good for his soul. It is important to him to be able to share this time with him. I think a part of him feels connected to our sweet William&Mary that live so (too) far away. I know he wishes he could be there to participate with them, so really Scott is giving Grant a gift by allowing him to be a partner. It really has been a blessing for many reasons.

This year Grant and Scott did fantastic and won a gold medal. Yep, Grant got a medal too. Now he has two and a future of many more. They are so cute together, and I love having this time to reconnect with Scott. It really is something Special!

4 comments:

brit said...

how neat! who doesn't love scott in this town? he's great! and so is your husband!

Kimberly said...

I love it ;)

SuSu said...

Awesome!

Regina said...

I love it! So awesome!