Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"You have your hands full"

"You have your hands full" is one of my most heard comments when I am out with the kids. The other one is a question: "Are they all yours?" When we go to the store we all hold hands until we are out of the parking lot, so this is usually how we look (even though the picture was taken when we were camping, it is still us any given day of the week.) I usually respond cheery and happy and say yes I do but for the most part it is fun. It never ceases to amaze how many people are blown away but our numbers, coming from a family of 8 kids I feel like we are just average in numbers. Though when it gets loud at home I feel like we had a few too many. I have to admit, in my mind, it is positive attention and I kinda like it because I think we have a cute little (big) family.
Side Note:
When we had two kids a boy and a girl everyone said, "Well now you have both are you done." After three they would say, "Three is a good number, is that all you are going to have?" After four it was, "Goodness, are you done?" Now that we have five people ask, "So how many more do you want?" Seriously don"t those questions seem to be in reverse?

10 comments:

Angela said...

You might enjoy my post on that subject: http://coancluster.blogspot.com/2009/11/note-to-strangers-i-meet-while-shopping.html

I think your family is adorable! *wink*

Kimberly said...

I love it! I got told that a lot this summer, especially on the airplane. I just thought it was interesting how many different ways there is to say "you have your hands full."
I love Issac's look on his face. Perfect!

Holly said...

I hear ya. I get the "you look to young to have four kids. Or an 11 yr old" Well yes, I am young but you are rude is what I sometimes feel like saying:) Can you imagine your life without one of your kids? Absolutely not. They each are here for a reason and each of a plan just for them. xoxo!

Annie. said...

YES! The questions are in reverse. And honestly, are they anyone's business? Probably not.

Jessie said...

Your little side note is so true. I had never really thought of that before, but really, those questions do seem like they should be in reverse.

When I was pregnant with Sloan, my Dr. probably asked me like 4 different times if I wanted him to tie my tubes when he did my c-section. Crazy stuff.

Anywho....your family is darling!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Amen and that is why I dont go to the store with all mine anymore

Regina said...

I can't believe some people! Of course they are all yours! They all look like they belong to you! Cute picture, btw!

Mikael Squire said...

That is such a cute photo!

Rachel Clare said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! You look fabulous!!

Aneesa Bee said...

I was totally going to blog about this the other day--but you beat me to it! I think I'll just link to you, you cute mama!