Monday, August 16, 2010

And they are off

Friday was Caleb's first day of school. Grant went and woke him up and he was so excited. When he wlaked up stairs he all of the sudden looked so grown up. So when exactly did that happen? I took him to school and he was loving every minute of it. He has been waiting for this for a long time. He practically ran to his classroom.

After school he rode the bus home. At first he was telling me that he wanted to do it all by himself. When he was in line to go on a tour of the school (and before he got back I would leave) I asked him one more time if he wanted to do it by himself or if he wanted me to come help. He said he wanted me. I have to admit a big part of me was glad he is still a little dependant (though not much.)

He did great and loved it. He was ready to go again Monday morning. James got to go this time to.


I think she may have been more excited about wearing her new sweater than school, but she was still excited about school. She was a little shy when I dropped her off, but she did not cry. She did great.




I have to say it was very odd to leave to kids at school. I went to the store, and it felt weird to only have 3 with me. For awhile Isaac and Mique were napping so it was just Asher and I. It seems empty, but they are off and I will not hold them back.
(Might I add, I have been so excited for Caleb because he has been ready for this for literally years. It was so much easier for him than James, but when I left the school without him I felt my throat tighten a little, I have heard it does not get easier with each kid, but now I have experienced it.)


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

So hard to believe how big these kids are getting! He does look so grown up.
Ruth starts preschool on Wednesday and I've been so wanting this. Now we're so close I'm not feeling so ready.
I had to laugh when you said you only had three at the store. I try to avoid taking all three when at all possible. Lol!
You're a good mama ;)

Amy said...

I was thinking about them today, wondering how things went. We are starting next Tuesday and boy are we ready!

SuSu said...

Wow.......so grown up. First day of school always so much fun!

Mikael Squire said...

Oh! I just eant them to be chubby toddlers forever! I am sure they are excited to be getting bigger everyday but as nanny brown would say ,"we need to tie a rock to your head so you'll quit growing."

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

They look soo dang cute!!