Thursday, December 2, 2010

Somewhere else

Asher has been having rough days lately. When we first moved he would say I want to go to the other house. We finally broke him of that, but now he just says I want to go somewhere. Last night Jamison took the blue plate and he was beside himself. He was sobbing and being ridiculous. Grant was not home, and not coming home until after church, and I was losing my steam. He would not calm down for anything. I was to the point of wanting to yell at him (but I have been working really hard on not yelling and doing really good, so I did not want to lose it) so when he said I want to go somewhere else I told him to go right ahead, that would be just fine with me. He kept saying it over and over and I finally when I told him again to go, sobbing he looked at me and said, "But I don't even know how to start the car." It might have been just a little bit hard not to laugh!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lol! I'll laugh then ;)
Ruth has been having a number of hard days as well. The littlest things she melts and throws fits and screams and stomps her feet. One day this week she had sassy sauce even before going to school.
Those two...

Amy said...

That's a good one. What a boy! Hope he snaps out of it soon. Days, weeks, like that are so hard on everyone.

SuSu said...

Oh that boy.....maybe a plan could be devised that when he wants to go "somewhere" he could come and see me via the computer.....I would love that.

Mikael Squire said...

Really, you could write a book just about the things this kid says