Thursday, September 29, 2011

Introducing...

Introducing King Henry II. So Jamison got a new fish and she is just as enamored with him as she was with Henry. She wanted to name him Henry too, so I suggested King Henry II, cause quite frankly I am sure we will have a King Henry III, IV, V, VI....and so on. She just calls him Henry though. Jamison sobbed when I told her, almost to the point of not being able to breathe. I just hugged her. I asked her if she wanted to flush him or bury him. She wanted a burial. We took pictures and she put him in the flower garden so when the flowers bloom she can think of him. I asked her if she wanted to go pick a new fish, she told me no. I had her call Grant to console her and after she came to me saying Dad told her she could go pick a new fish (did I not offer the same....then again I killed the first!) On Monday Grant took her out all by herself and they found King Henry. Grant walked back in house after and said she is officially a girl. To which I asked, "well why????" He said he took her to petco where there was a WHOLE wall of beta fish and the one she immediately picked was the most expensive in the store. There was no dissuading her, and Henry has now taken up residence in the Allred family bowl. (He should be safe in there, it is just when in the cup mingled with dirty dished that he should fear.) All peace and happiness has been restored. A few tears were shed in this process, but many more laughs were shared (including my own.) Oh the life of the Allreds!!!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Loved the II! He is beautiful! And as we all know beauty comes with a price! Just sayin'

Mikael Squire said...

haha! I did not even know you guys owned a fish until this story. Glad to see Jamison has expensive taste

Aneesa Bee said...

glad she has found a new fish to love on :-) Such a tender heart!