Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Secret Handshake-Hug

James and Bub have one recess at the same time. When I realized that I asked them if they ever saw each other. They said sometimes. I told them I thought they should find each other every day say hi and then go back to playing with their friends. Together we all decided they should make up either a secret handshake or a hug, find each other, do that then go back to business as usual. So, all on their own they made up a secret handshake-hug. They find each other every day and do it. I think it is about the coolest thing ever. (Note: the purpose of this picture was for them to both show off their front toothless grins, how often do siblings experience that together.)
Asher and Mique were not about to be outdone. They too made up their own secret handshake hug to do when they are in school together. I am not sure they still remember it, but they were all about it for a couple of days. What cuties huh!
I do not expect the kids to be best friends. But, I do hope they are always friends and ALWAYS stick up for each other. Such good kids!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love it! But I think we need to see the secret handshake-hug. Or is is it so secret that mom can't see either??
Way to go Caleb & Jama on the teeth business ;)

Amy said...

Oh my word where did all the teeth go? I didn't notice Jama's at first, only Bubs! Holy cow the Tooth Fairy has been busy at your house.

SuSu said...

Love it!

Holly said...

Your kids are soo cute Britt!

Anonymous said...

Seriously! What a great idea. I am totally going to get my kids doing that. Anyway for them to bond as friends is good!

Annie. said...

So cute and so sweet. I hope someday I have one tenth of the mom that you are.

Anonymous said...

Love this just like what we where saying on the phone the other day about teaching our kids how to treat other people. It all starts in the home, with the family. Love it!