Sunday, April 25, 2010

A reflection of mother

We had a little experience today that as we rehearsed it to my father he said it is a refection of the mother....which means I am not a very good mother ;-)

We made it to church just barely on time, looking as put together as we look...I have to admit the kids looked cute as ever with matching clothes and fresh haircuts and all! A little into sacrament meeting I get a glimpse of Asher and notice something is off. I pull him up on to my lap and lift up his pant leg. He is wearing his dress black shoes, WITHOUT socks. He informed me that he did not want to wear socks today, so that is exactly what he did. Oops, missed that one, but hey I had to laugh.

Then after church Johnathon informed us of another situation I missed. Apparently socks were not the only thing he did not want to wear.....underwear was on that list as well. Yep, Asher went Commando to church and I had no clue. Come on kids, you are making me look bad!

7 comments:

Aneesa Bee said...

Brittani--I was thinking the sock thing was NOT a big deal. . . . we end up with Malachi barefoot more often than not. But commando is pretty exciting! You're too funny. Our baby is here! He came early. How are you holding up?

Amy said...

I just did a serious lol! I'm sorry, but it sounds like something his dad and uncle would do.

Kimberly said...

Oh Asher!
Don't you love it when other people discover those little faux pas? Some how that makes the sting worse for me.
Either way not all actions of the children should be placed upon the mother!!
;)

brit said...

that made me laugh out loud. ohhh what a character that kid is!!

SuSu said...

I can't stop LOLOLOL.......and after the weekend I've had I needed that laughter...it really makes my world a better place. Thanks Asher for giving me a laugh, I love you more for it and thank you Brittani for sharing the story.........kids you have got to love them, they really do make the world a better place.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Way tooo funny!!!

Mikael Squire said...

I can't stop laughing! Really! We have got to write a book about this kid!