Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unlucky

I consider myself pretty healthy person...I do not get sick often. I get cold several times a year, but not bad enough to knock me off of my feet, other than that I am usually good to go. That was until November. I got MRSA (as my cousin puts is a staph infection on steroids. If you read about it it sounds grim, but the communal strain which I had is not as scary, though still a horrible infection) It is nasty and resistant to several antibiotics. I caught it fairly early, but that coupled with the stomach flu it did a number on me. About a week after finishing those antibiotics I got some dental work done and within a few days ended up with an infection in my mouth at the injection site (ouch!) Another round of antibiotics and watching carefully to make sure it was not MRSA (which in that mouth area of your body can quickly turn fatal.) Thank goodness it was not and I healed about a week later. So Saturday night I went to bed with a sore and was slightly afraid it might me MRSA again. I woke up at 4:30 that morning and knew for sure that is what it was. We went to church and after that I was off the instacare. The NP there lanced it, packed it and took a culture. Back on heavy antibiotics for me. Yesterday I was supposed to go back and get the packing out, but it was a 2-3 hour wait and I was not wanting to pay another copay. I called my cousin and talked to him about taking it out myself...so later that night I did just that. It is still really sore, but I caught it even earlier this time so it has not wreaked nearly as much havoc on my body. So for being a healthy person, I have had a couple unlucky months.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Brittani! I'm so sorry. What a pain. I hope things go ok this time and you don't get worse. Where is it this time?

Kimberly said...

So sorry to here that you aren't feeling well. It stinks when mom is sick! I hope that it doesn't last long and no one else picks it up.
Let me know if there is anything I can do...

Holly said...

Oh Britt, I am so sorry you have had to go through all that! Do you need anything??? Besides maybe a paid vacation!

Rachel Clare said...

Yuck! So sorry!! I hope you feel better SOON.

Chanel said...

What is the deal girl? You have got to get over this miserable thing. I am sure your body is so tired from everything that your immune system is just worn out. I hope you feel better soon and that it STAYS AWAY!

Annie. said...

Oh my gosh, Brittany! I am so, so sorry! What a rotten mess. Can you ever get rid of it for good, so that it doesn't come back again? Yikes, I wish we could help with the kids or something.

SuSu said...

Yicks so sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are doing better now. Take care!! I wish I could take the kids for you and give you some rest time.

Ashley Allred said...

oh that really stinks. So sorry! Hope you're better!