Friday, January 23, 2009

It is no wonder

Last night was a pretty typical night for me. It went something like this:
Finally fall asleep about 11:00
Mique wakes me up at 1:30 crying. Got out of bed and try to settle her down. Quickly give up and bring her to bed with me. Get her asleep and then take her back to her bed.
Asher will not settle down and get up with him at 2:00. Finally at 3:00 he is asleep enough I can leave his room and go back to my bed.
5:30 Mique is awake and ready to eat. Feed her and then put her back in her bed.
Go back to bed at 6:00 (unless it is Tuesday or Thursday and I get up to go run.)
Wake up for the day early but not so bright at 7:00.

It really is no wonder why my immune system is slightly week. It is frustrating to me because I have been sleeping this way for about six years now and I am used to it. I function totally fine, but apparently my body is disagreeing.

Thank goodness I have been feeling fine other than the irritation of the sore. I am lucky!

6 comments:

SuSu said...

Lack of sleep does catch up even with the best of us. Seems that lack of sleep has been running around the family a lot lately. Wish I could be there to step in while you get some shut eye!

Amy said...

My new favorite thing is EAR PLUGS! I can still hear, but it muffles everything just enough, that when I am asleep, I feel like the sleep is better. KWIM?

Regina said...

I am totally with you on this one! Only I have just one kiddo keeping me up all night! Hope things get better!

April said...

You are an inspiration!! Keep up the hard work!

Mikael Squire said...

Brittani, woman, you have got to get some sleep! Even if you train for your nutso run, it won't do any good if you pass out from exhaustion. I know, easier said than done.

Aneesa Bee said...

May the dawn of a new year bring you better sleeping patterns. If that doesn't work, then may you find a good naptime in the middle of the day when you can supplement :-) Hang in there!