Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Night's Story

It is tradition that after our couple prayer Grant and I always kiss (even if we are not happy with each other at the moment.) Last night after prayer I was waiting for my kiss (mind you we were happy with each other,) yet my husband was focused on something other than me. I was wondering where my kiss was when I saw a shadow behind the blinds on the window next to Grant. Next thing I know Grant yells, "There is a mouse in the house," and a little creature started running towards us. We both jumped back on the bed and then it ran down the cords of the light and alarm clock and out of site. I ran out of the room to shut of the alarm so I could go in the Garage and get gloves for Grant. I shut the door behind me and was back in a flash. We spent a bit of time looking for the creature and it was no where to be found. I was not about to get back in bed with the chance of a cuddling up to a little mouse and all the diseases it could carry, so the hunt continued.

We looked every where and could not find it. We expanded our search to the front room and kitchen. We brought up the dog in hopes that she would help. After a little while I happened to see the little gray thing bolt into the kitchen. I yelled, "I found it, I found it." Grant rushed over and we both started looking under the hutch where it was last seen. No dice, it had disappeared again. After an extensive search of the kitchen, Grant moved to the pantry. I stayed on watch just outside of the kitchen. I eventually heard a little scuffle and Grant yell something. All of the sudden I see the culprit run into the bathroom. I yell, "Oh there it is." and shut the door. Grant runs in after it and closes the door.

After a little commotion he opens the door, mouse in hand. He heads out the front door and proceeds to take care of the problem. I am no longer tired, Grant worries and hopes it is the only one, and the dog was no help at all. And that is last night's story.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Yuck! You are a better wife then I... I would have let Rick do it on his own. Glad it was found and taken care of. {shivers}

Kristy Graff said...

oh gross! glad you found it and got rid of it. i had a mouse IN my bed once-disgustiong!!!

Chels said...

Nice! That'll get you in the mood. The real queation is, did you ever get your kiss?

Holly said...

How crazy! I am SO glad you guys found it. If you wouldnt have, you probably would have slept really bad, knowing there was a mouse in your house. I do have to tell you I was laughing all through this story, now that its over its oaky to laugh about it:)

Brittani said...

I am still laughing about it, and yes I did get my kiss!

Mikael Squire said...

Eeeeekkkkk!

Annie. said...

Sick! Glad you found it though.

Chanel said...

EEEEEWWWWWWWWHHHHHHH! I am getting the creeps thinking about it. I would have been so busy crying and screaming I could not have even thought about helping. Yo are so much braver!!!!

Aneesa Bee said...

Brittani,
You are so fun to read! I like your descriptions of life. I'm glad you got the mouse, once and for all.