Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Rec

This was the first year I ventured into the Farmington Summer Rec program. James and Caleb both did Soccer. I was shocked and thrilled when James said she would do it. Though every morning started out doing "corner, corner, gate, gate" with this posture... By the end of the hour she was in the middle of it having fun. She did not love it, and did not choose to do another session, but I am so proud of her sticking with it and finishing it even though it is not really her thing.
Caleb, on the other hand, always got right to it. The class was 4-6 year olds, and most of the time he did not realize he was two years younger and a foot or more shorter than the other kids, and got right in there with them.


He loved it enough to sign up for another session and the fall season of soccer. Sports world, here we come!

P.S. Since James did not find her thing in soccer we signed her up for dance and are giving that a try. She is very excited!



5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new picture of the 4 of them! I'm glad that Jamison tried it. Evelyn didn't really get it, but I think she had fun. Sam seemed to really like t-ball, I'm sure we'll be at it again in the fall. Caleb looks like a pro out there!

SuSu said...

Loved our days in the "sports" world. So much fun!

Regina said...

Isn't the summer rec. center crazy! We did that a few times too! Yah, and welcome to the world of sports! It takes over your life, but it's so much fun!

Holly said...

How fun! I have heard good things about the rec center programs. My kids have done the college classes and like those alot too. Where did you sign James up for dance?

Annie. said...

What an ADORABLE header photo Brittani! Such sweet cute kids!

Good for James. I'll bet she loves dance, and I'll bet she's good at it!