Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I don't normally

I did something today that I do not normally do, and it was nice! I was in my room folding the laundry when Caleb walked in and said, "Mom I want you to play catch with me." My typical response is, "Son I cannot right now I am folding laundry, but maybe after I am done." Usually he forgets by the time I am done, or I tell him first I have to....., until there is no longer time. Today I decided to respond differently, stuck my hand out and told him to throw it to me. He said, "No, I want you to do it with your mitt." So, I had him get me glove and went to the other room where we threw to each other, laughed, made amazing catches, had a few bad throws and made up little games. It was great, why do I not do this more often? I still had time to fold the laundry, make lunch, clean it up, etc, but I am SO grateful I took the time to do something out of my ordinary!

4 comments:

SuSu said...

Those are the best moments! It is kind of like tithing when you pay it first there is always plenty left over.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling thank you for sharing that experiance. Sometimes I get way to caught up in trying to get caught up that I forget those times when my kids give me an excuse to stop doing the mundane tasks. Thank you.

Holly said...

Isnt it funny...some of the best moments might be the one's we miss out on! I find myself in those same predicaments. As a mother and wife we find ourselves all to often "too busy". But really all the things that are keeping us busy, arent as important as the one's that we put to the side. Good for you:)
Mitch said he saw you the other day. You really should take james to Mann Dance. Not because I am telling you but because they are awesome...its Mitch's Aunts!

Chanel said...

Take the time!!!! I miss my dance parties with the kids so much. I always jump in to this day if I hear them and their friends getting down because I know I will be dancing alone way to soon. The house can wait, the kids shouldn't.