Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Warning: Not for the faint of stomach

Last week started not my favorite week ever. Tuesday night just after going to bed and on the verge of sleep Caleb started to bawl. That usually means he needs to go to the bathroom. I swing my feet over the edge of the bed and head down the stairs. When I get to his room he enlightens me to the fact that he threw up everywhere...and all over his bed he did. I got him down, cleaned up and got the bedding ready for the washer. I made him a bed on the couch upstairs and got him a bowl. I went back to bed and was up throughout the night helping him.

About three hours after that I wake up to Asher freaking out. I go down to check on him and he wet his bed. At this point the washer is occupied by puke bedding, so pee bedding just has to wait in a bundle until the morning. I get him cleaned up and a bed made on the floor next to my bed. Back to sleep for a short time before bowl duty it required of me again.

The next day Caleb was feeling better and the two youngers had a doctors appointment. I took Caleb too so he could get his flu shot. Asher was a nightmare the whole appointment and would not cooperate at all. The doctor could not even hear his hard because he was screaming. Mique was good, but very curious and all over the place. Caleb alerted Asher to the fact he was getting shots, and it was over. Asher screamed bloody murder with his two shots, Caleb cried like a girl with his shot and Mique cried a bit with her 4 but was the toughest of all.

I went home to a full day of laundry of blankets, bedding and contaminated clothes. That evening diarrhea began for Caleb. That night he had an accident in his bed and his bedding had another date with the laundry. Asher and Mique shortly followed. Not fun for a boy that just potty trained and a little girl with a very sore behind. On to more laundry of dirty underwear and clothes. Needless to say, diapers were back in order.

The following night Caleb threw up in his bed again, and bedding washed for the third day in a row...not my week! Mique and Asher are still battling the flu beast. I have been making Asher wear a diaper to bed. Yesterday after breakfast he came up naked with underwear in his hand asking if he could wear it. I told him if he did not pee or poop in it. He said he would not and went downstairs. Less than five minutes later he is freaking out. I go downstairs and find he did keep his word and instead of going in his underwear he went on the carpet in the girls room...mind you he is still having stomach issues....NO FUN!

He was a terror all day, but eventually took a nap and gave me a break. It was not the most glamorous week of motherhood, but hopefully it can only get better from here (it sure feels like it cannot get much worse!)

9 comments:

SuSu said...

Oh dear. Those days are no fun. Aren't we glad we don't do our laundry in a stream. Hopefully Jamison doesn't catch the bug!

Amy said...

Augh... no fun! I'm glad that Jamison is fine.

Holly said...

Gosh it sounds like a rough week to me! Hope your kiddos start feeling better. I am holding my post just waiting for the bug to make its way to our house!!

brit said...

ahhh, so sorry! glad we only had it for one day.

Rachel Clare said...

Oh dear. I'm just impressed you sort "pee bedding" and "puke bedding". I'd have just thrown it all in!!
Hope this week is better!

Regina said...

Oh man!! I hate when the kids are sick! Especially when they can't make it to the bathroon to throw-up! Yuck!

Annie. said...

Oh my goodness....the good news is that it can only go uphill from there!

Chanel said...

Poor babies, and poor mama. I wish I was there to make you hot home made chicken noodle and veggie soup with rolls!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Those weeks are always way too hard! Hope the healing comes faster!!!