Friday, October 9, 2009

Caught the Fever

Oh how I wish it was something other than temperature fever, but alas it is not. James had it this weekend but was better by Monday for our trip to ABQ for her eye appointment. She went to school on Tuesday, and it went downhill from there. She, Mique and Caleb all got the Flu: Fever, coughing, sore throat=lack of sleep on all parts. It could very well be the Swine Flu, but Farmington is not even testing for the flu let alone the swine flu, so we just treat the symptoms and hope that after we get through this our little family will get a break.

Asher, not yet sick yet inevitable as far as I am concerned, was not to be left out. He had one day of potty training reversal and took scissors to his own hair. Thank goodness it was not bad and he is my first ever to do so, not bad record if I say so myself.

As frustrated, tired, sick of being trapped for days in a house with sick kids, someone contantly touching me (which should be sweet but right now so is not) not getting anything done, really I just feel terrible for Mique. She does not understand, and does not feel well at all, but she still does not want to sit still. It is so sad to see a baby feel this way. After days and nights of poor sleep she took a 4+ hour nap today, so maybe tonight will be better for all involved.

As soon as a ll kids a feeling healthy I am running away for an evening with my hubby to just enjoy him!

7 comments:

Amy said...

No fun! I'm so sorry everyone is sick. I hope it makes a quick exit and life can get back to normal. How did Jamison's eye appointment go?

Kristy Graff said...

i hear ya! 3 of my 4 are sick right now with the same symptoms and of course, derek is gone hunting. so fun for me!!!

Holly said...

Gosh, I am really sorry you guys have been down for so long! Maybe a nice girls night is on order for such an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the party keeps going on! cooped up in the house is by far the worst part of it for everyone. They need to invent a sick kids playground that's somehow sterile??? *chuckle* hang in there...as if you would do anything else!

SuSu said...

You have really had a rough couple of weeks. Hopefully everyone is on the mend. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kimberly said...

That's no fun. Sick babies are just no fun. Hope everyone is doing better!

Ashley Allred said...

Ohhh yikes! no good. Hope it's not he swine flu! It's making me nervous!! A 5 year old died from it here in Rio Rancho and also a 17 year old that Justin kinda knew. It's scarey, but if you get the right treatment fast, then you're okay. It sounds like your kiddos are getting better thank goodness!