Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oh if only it would last

Jamison has a fantastic teacher this year and she is really doing well in school (last year was not the best ever first experience, so we...Grant and I...are terribly grateful for this year.) She is loving school, really trying and interested in learning. She is excited to do homework. When she gets home she will ask if she can do her homework after dinner, do one practice spelling test while I am making dinner and another one after we are done. She is always asking to read...I LOVE IT!

Caleb is far enough ahead in his preschool that the teacher is sending him home with homework just to give him something to do. He is asking to do his homework first thing in the morning and sometimes actually drives me nuts with his persistence...but at least he is loving to learn too!

Now if only we could make it last!

6 comments:

SuSu said...

So glad they are having good experiences. I say no reason it can't last!! Last year was just a hiccup for Jamison. No place left to go but up!

Kristy Graff said...

that is so good! kennedi has been the same way this year and i feel the same way "if only it would last!"

Holly said...

That is so good! I hope that it lasts with mine too. I think if you are involved with their homework and reading, that they are more apt to staying focused. At least that is how Caleb and Aubrie have been too. I cant believe your Caleb is already old enough for preschool!

Annie. said...

How fabulous! That is wonderful news for the whole family! I'm so happy for you.

Ashley Allred said...

Awesome!!

Ashley Allred said...

Awesome!!