Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It is almost ridiculous

Grant has meeting in ABQ Friday and Saturday and I am going along...without the kids! It is almost ridiculous how excited I am! Grant will be in meetings almost all day Friday, so I am going to go wander the mall BY MYSELF!!!! I am so excited to walk around not having to retrace my steps four times trying to keep the kids rounded up, not being rushed from store to store to hurry and get done, and only have to keep track of my phone and purse. I seriously cannot remember the last time I was able to do that, and I am excited to get some x-mas shopping out of the way.

That night we are going to go to the temple...Much needed for my heart and soul and then out to a simple dinner. I get to go to bed only having to worry about brushing my own teeth and not having to wake up to any child.

The next day Grant is only gone for half the day, and the rest of it we get to spend together, only us, no other munchkins interrupting. He is going to take me to a nice dinner that night and once again an evening only worrying about myself (is that legal?) I want to sleep in the next day with my hubby, as long as our brains will let us and come back home at a leisurely pace.

Did I mention how incredibly thrilled I am to be going!


No offense against you little ones (though your faces are sweet now, it is not always so) I love you but I need a break so I can love you even more!

12 comments:

Mikael Squire said...

How about when I get home Moochy takes the kids and you and grant have another child free weekend. Ok! Sounds like a plan

Amy said...

Can Mikael come to my house next? Have a fun weekend!

Annie. said...

Ooooooh sounds like a blast! I hope you enjoy your little date. :)

brit said...

so jealous! we'll be in abq too, but with 3 kids!

Stephanie said...

Sounds AWESOME! Have so much fun. You should go all out and get a pedicure or something.

Rachel Clare said...

I completely understand your excitement. Really, I do. Have a great time!!

Regina said...

Alright!! How exciting! Gotta go somewhere good to eat! Someplace they don't have in f-town, like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill! Love both of those places! Enjoy your much needed alone time with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

please enjoy each other, sleep in take time to do absolutly nothing you deserve it

SuSu said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Just wish I was closer so I could have the munckins with me.

Holly said...

Very exciting and I hope you get all the mall therapy you need! Have a fun:)) Go to Old Navy for me!

Chanel said...

I know what you mean! Rod and I are going to Vegas for a week and it is silly how excited we both are. We keep talking about it all the time, and it is not until December! There is nothing better for a person, and a marriage, than some down time. Take time to relax, breath deep, and enjoy your time away. Also shave your legs and grab some yummy perfume:) ENJOY!!! You both totally deserve it!

Kimberly said...

Sometimes we need to get away from them to remind us why we like them. And chose to spend every waking and sleeping minute with them. Take time to enjoy peace and enjoy quiet!
Great picture of the kiddos. How do you get your kids to sit still and smile for pictures??