Saturday, October 17, 2009

You will be glad no picture is attached

So.....the other morning Grant was on his way to ABQ and I was getting the kids up and moving. I thought I saw a little shadow move from the hall to the laundry room. I went in there and could not find anything, but looked close at the ground by the door and found a few mouse dropping...yeah great! I did not have the time to deal with it then so I shut the door, grabbed a towel and sealed the crack at the bottom of the door just in case. I thought several times that I needed to set some traps, and then remembered the traps were in the laundry room and did not want to try and mess with it while the kids were hovering.

That night Grant got home, went in the laundry room and no mouse to be found. I tend the leave the washer open and there was evidence of a mouse having been there. We could not find it anywhere...it vanished. We started an empty load to clean out the basin...and when it was done low and behold a dead mouse finally surfaced. The latest and the greatest in mouse traps are washing machines apparently.

Needless to say, several empty loads later with Clorox and soap, we are back in business. There is new construction not far from us, and our garage door does not seal very well, so we think that could be the cause of our problems. I have thought about getting a cat to live in the garage to take care of the problem, but then I am left with a cat after all is said and done. That is a problem itself. Oh well, a mouse hunting we go!

9 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

YUCK!! Um, yuck! I don't know what else to say!

Amy said...

That's just gross...

brit said...

well...i know who to call if we ever hae mice problems with all your experience in all.

Ashley Allred said...

oh man! that's bad. good job at catching it!! question....do you leave your garage door to your house open?

Brittani said...

never leave it open for more than a minute or so on a regular basis, we think they a squeezing in through a tiny seam, we need to figure out how to seal it better.

SuSu said...

Oh man, I am just not a lover of the mice. I remember once as a kid one had found its way into the bathtub unfortunately it couldn't find its way out so the tub was its finally resting place. Maybe that is why I am a shower girl!!

Holly said...

Oh that it awful! Of all the places, the washer. I am so sorry:(

Mikael Squire said...

YZou can have the cat Andrew is getting me for Christmas

Kimberly said...

No comment ;)