Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Absolutely wonderful

The weekend was wonderful and by all means went by too quick. We got there Thursday night, had dinner and went to the hotel and relaxed a bit before it was off to sleep. Friday morning I took Grant to his meeting and then off to the mall. I thought I would be there forever because I had no reason to rush and just take my time looking at things. I did a round at the stores I wanted, priced things out and did a lap around the mall to see if there were any other store I wanted to go visit. I made my decisions, went back and made the purchases, and got some Christmas shopping done.

What I learned at the Mall: I did not want to visit any other stores than the ones I usually visit. I would look at other moms with one or two kids and think I should miss my kids....but I do not. It is so quiet and relaxing to shop by myself...oh how I enjoyed the quiet. I was not at the mall very long at all, it was so fast to shop without the kids.

Next I went to Kohls. I have only been there once and wanted to see what it was all about. I got more Christmas shopping done and realized why people love it...great deals!!!! I walked over to Toys R Us from there and just wandered, and next to Barnes and Noble. I walked in and ate lunch in the Cafe alone. It was wonderful, I took my time, enjoyed my yummy quiche without any noise or distraction. I wandered around for a bit and eventually made my way back to the car.

I went to Walmart and got one last Christmas item since I did not have inquiring minds with me. I went to Justin and Ashley's to visit just for a bit before I picked up Grant. After getting him we went straight to the temple and just barely missed the session. We sat in the chapel almost an hour and really just enjoyed it. It was so fun and nice. We are usually rushing to the temple and do not get time in the chapel. Since we did not have someone waiting with the kids I was not stressed and really enjoyed being with my hubby where it all started.

After that off to a quick dinner, another loop around Barnes and Noble with Grant, and a chill evening with Justin and Ashley. The next day Grant only had morning meetings so I went along and sat in the lobby by a fire reading a book. I sipped a Carmel Apple Cider (and burnt my tongue...to impatient I know) After that we to Sportsmans warehouse and a perfect lunch a Mimi's. We headed to a dollar theater and watched a movie. After that we went to Uptown, walked around, and found a couple cool deals.

That night we had an amazing dinner and went back to the hotel and crashed. The next day we decided to take our time home. Instead of taking the usual 3 hour route we went another more scenic way. It took about five hours, but was kinda cool. We got some Subway and pulled off the side of the road in the middle of no-where by an OLD abandoned frame of a church. We had a little picnic there by the River, so Nice.

It was the perfect weekend for me. I have to admit I still woke up at night thinking I heard kids crying, but that is my life I suppose. Not long after getting home, when all the noise and crying was in full force, Grant looked at me and asked me if I was really to leave again. All he needs to do is name the time and I am there. It was a much needed weekend, and I did not take a moment of it for granted!

6 comments:

brit said...

again.....i am totally jealous! glad that you had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

I love a good weekend away...I need one at least once a month...too bad I only get one once a year! Sounds like it was heaven! And to have Christmas started...wow!!! Lucky dog!!!

Chanel said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it!!! Yo totally deserved it!!!!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Logan loved having Asher and Mique to play with. I got some cute pics of them in the leaves I will have to send you.

Chels said...

Glad it was good for you. You need it, but a no questions about it after sick kids.

Kristy Graff said...

that sounds so fun! i am super jealous but happy for you guys that you were able to do that. we should have a girls trip sometime before christmas and go shopping together! that would be fun!