Monday, August 31, 2009

Her Entrance

It was a year ago today that Miquelyn made her entrance into this world and into our family. Her story goes as follows:

I just assumed that I was going to have to be induced, and was waiting for Wed for that to happen. At my last Dr's appointment (Tues I think) I was only dilated to a 1....maybe (which does not mean a whole lot for me.) By Thursday I had contractions strong enough to not allow me to sleep much, but they were not very consistent and came and went. Friday night we went to eat with the family and the contractions were very consistent (every 4-6 minutes apart) not strong enough, but we still thought it was going to be the night. We decided to go home, get the kids to bed and wait it out a little longer, then we would have my mom come over and head out to the hospital. As soon as the kids were in bed and we sat down to time, they went away. My mom was devastated because she was supposed to leave out of town the next day and did not want to miss it. The next day we waited it out, nothing was happening, so she left (in tears saying she knew if she left I would have the baby...so I told her to hurry up and leave.) Saturday night we went to bed, but I did not sleep a wink. The contractions were stronger and more consistent. At 2:30am I called Chels and she was over in a flash to watch the kiddos. We went to the hospital and found out I was only 2, and you have to be a 4 to get checked in. Grant and I walked an hour and they came stronger and closer, but in an hour I did not even move to a 3. The nurse had me walk another 1/2 hour with no change. I was exhausted at this point. She began to explain that she was going to send me home, which I was very nervous about. I almost did not make it to the hospital in time with Asher and did not want a repeat. I asked her to help me know when to come back (note, my doctor was not on call, so the doctor in charge did not know my history and wanted me to go home.) After all her signs...contractions consistently 3-4 minutes apart, water breaking, not being able to walk through contractions, and my explaining that none of those apply to me, she must have seen my nerves. She checked me one more time and though she did not admit it she lied about my progression and checked me in THANK GOODNESS! I got in the room at 7:30 and started to call people to let them know I was at the hospital. I went to the bath for quite awhile, and by the time I got out things were starting to get more uncomfortable. at about 10:00 the nurse checked me and said I was to a 6. Minutes later I told her I was feeling a lot of pressure. She went out to call the doctor to tell him to head to the hospital. She came back in the room because I said I needed to push, she checked me again and Mique was on her way. She called the nurses to help with the baby because no doctor was going to make it in time. Just a few pushes and the best nurse I have ever had delivered little miss Miquelyn. By the time the pain got to the point that I thought this is when I would have come to the hospital had I been sent home, she was born within the 1/2 hour-it would have been too late. At 10:33 Miquelyn Allred 7 lbs 5 oz 20 inches long (biggest baby so far) made her place in this world. Sweet baby girl, happy birthday! I has been quite a year, and you are by far the highlight of it all!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to such a beautiful baby:)

Rachel Clare said...

You and your crazy deliveries! I remember Asher's well. I'm glad she checked you in!!!

SuSu said...

Sending hugs and kisses to our latest one year old. What a sweetheart.

Kimberly said...

Happy birthday Mique! We love you and wish we could have been with you on your special day!!

Chanel said...

Sweet little baby Mique!!! She is getting to big.