Monday, August 24, 2009

Absense makes the heart grow fonder

Grant left this morning for a quick little business trip to Phoenix. He is making a little trip by golfing and playing along the way. He seemed excited and has sounded so happy as we have talked throughout the day. It has not been often lately that this side of him has come out, and I am glad he is having fun again and taking the time to "sharpen his ax," but man do I miss him! I have been kinda crabby today, for no particular reason other than I am probably dreading him being gone. He has been working A LOT lately, so i am used to holding up the house by myself, but even if the majority of our time is spent together is in REM, I need that comfort. He is my world, and to have him missing in my day just throws it off. I am missing him terribly, and hope I always tell and show him how important he is too me! Grant, I love you, miss you and cannot wait to have you back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree it's amazing the difference it makes in my life to just have Cameron home every night. Sometiimes that is all I need to help me get ready for the next day

Holly said...

I have been missing my hubby terribly. He has worked graveyards for over two weeks straight every night. He wakes up at 2pm and then leaves around 5pm. Not alot of time. So I can totally understand how you feel. I am feeling very burnt out right now and counting down, tonight will be his last one and he will have the weekend off!! Yay!