Monday, August 3, 2009

Full of Pride

This weekend Grant did a triathlon ( the first one in quite a while.) He did not train for it like he normally would, but I am insanely proud of what he did. I love to watch him compete (a chance to admire the man I married!) He gets so nervous, which I think is cute. This picture is of him waiting to jump into the water and get started. He did not know I was looking on, and lighting was really bad especially that far away, but I captured a glimpse of his nerves that help drive him! He is so fun to watch swim. He makes it look so easy. He is smooth and though I am not a swimmer and do not know much...I love his form!
The biking section was the hardest for him, he only went out twice in preparation , but he looked great coming in.


Last but not least was the run. He was off in a bit of warm weather, but looked strong. He was exhausted when he got back, but happy that he had done it. He said it was a lot of fun! I am so proud of what he did.


One of the best parts of the race was watching him talk to the kids about it after he was done. He is the best Dadda I know, and the kids all absolutely adore him! They were almost as proud as there mom cheering on their dad. I am not quite sure if it is possible for me to love this man anymore...though I am sure tomorrow will prove me wrong!



Good job Prince, I love you Forever and ever and ever! (P.S. I am still jealous that I was not doing it with you, next year it is on!)


Swim (500 meters) -8:14
T1-1:34
Bike (13 miles)-43:01
T2-0:38
Run (3 miles)-26:45
Total-1:20:13

6 comments:

brit said...

i am totally jealous too! i think i want to do one of those someday too. good job grant!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

Awesome! I have thought about doing one of those. When I started training for my half marathon I was deciding between doing that and a triatholon. Maybe next time. Good job Grant!

Amy said...

Great job! Pretty hot stuff in your shorts there... ;)

SuSu said...

Congrats! So proud to say......my boy........that's MY BOY!

Rachel Clare said...

Lookin' good Grant! Congratulations!

Chanel said...

Awesome!!! I am very impressed- especially because I would drown from inhaling so much water!