Saturday, August 22, 2009

We must be doing something kinda right

Yesterday I was turning on a Disney movie for the kiddos to keep them entertained (i.e. not making a mess) while I was finishing up cleaning and starting dinner. I sat down with them for a few minutes until the movie started. On the beginning credits the following image came on to the screen: And Jamison immediately said, look it is the temple. It made me smile BIG, we have never been to Disneyland, but we have watched innumerable Disney movies, so this is not the first time she has seen this castle. I just love that her first inclination of a beautiful big building is that it is the house of the Lord! We talk to our kids about the temple, we show them pictures and this summer we got to take them to an open house. They were so excited. One of their favorite songs to sing is "I love to see the temple." I hope they keep the love, fascination and reverence for these amazing buildings! (P.S. James then proceeded to explain that it was a place where you danced it was called a ball-too cute!)

4 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

I love it. :)

And PS- get yourselves to Disneyland, yo! (We'd be SO excited to see you there!!)

SuSu said...

I believe you are........"doing something kinda right!"

Holly said...

Of course you are doing something right! You guys are awesome:)

Anonymous said...

it's so funny my girls do the same thing.