Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MRSA

MRSA seems to be my nemesis. I have not had it in almost a year, but that streak ended last week. I was managing it pretty well with antibiotic cream since Wednesday. By Sunday it was not getting worse, but it was also not getting better. I decided to go to Urgent Care to get it drained and an antibiotic. They drained it, packed it gave me an rx and I was on my way. This usually means it will start getting better...usually. The next day I went to take the packing out and it broke. The infection had tripled and I was in a lot of pain. I went back to Urgent care, got cut open again and cleaned out as best they could. This time HURT! They never found the first packing, but now I have a new one. The infection sight which started out as about the size of a 50 cent piece is now as long as my hand and almost as wide. This is the worst I have ever had it. It is on my hip, so walking is far from comfortable...which means no running! I have been taking lots of little naps and stayed in PJ's most of the two days. Here is to getting better and more sleep so MRSA will just.leave.me.alone!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry! I can't believe you have it again. Do the girls have any sign of it? I hope not!

brit said...

aughhhhh, that just plain sucks! big time. sorry. brit

Holly said...

So sorry Britt!

Ashley Allred said...

Holy smokes Brit!!! It IS your enemy! I sure hope you get better fast!

Kristy Graff said...

get better soon and let me know if you need anything!

SuSu said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Annie. said...

Oh no, Brit...you guys have really run the gamut with that nasty stuff the last few years. I hope it heals quick!

Kara said...

I'm so sorry. I wish we lived closer so I could take your kids and you could have a long nap. Hopefully those antibiotics do their job.

Mikael Squire said...

Wish I were there to take care of you!

Angela said...

I've heard of the horrors. I'm so sorry you have it. I had some experiences but not that bad. I hope it's all better by now.

I was just thinking about your dad today and when they came out to see my dad before he died. I hope they are doing well.
-Angela