Thursday, January 27, 2011

Doing things her way

Anyone who knows Miquelyn knows that she does things HER way. It can be very frustrating, exhausting, annoying.......the list could go on, but finally it has paid off! Less than three weeks ago she told me during sacrament meeting that she wanted to go potty. I thought whatever, but I will take her any way. Low and behold she went. She had done this a few other times, and I decided maybe she was ready. So, that day we started. I did not slow my life down at all, and she did fantastic. Within 4 days I was taking her out all over town running errands in her undies. I can count her accidents and less than two hands. For almost 2 weeks she has been telling me when she needs to go, I do not even have to ask. She even wears her undies for nap time and to bed at night. She has done AMAZING...and I think it was all because it was her idea. I have a feeling if this girl puts her mind to something, it will get accomplished. She has been my youngest and by far the easiest. Thanks Mique for giving me a break.....lovin only one in diapers!

(P.S. special thanks to cousins Logan and Tiegan who helped decide she wanted to be a big girl and wear undies!)

8 comments:

Holly said...

Thats awesome!

Kimberly said...

Happy day! You deserve something easy ;)

Amy said...

Yeah for one in diapers! For all the grief she gives you, she made this one easy on you. Hip hip hooray for Mique!!!

Ashley Allred said...

LOVE this! Woo hoo!! Teigens pretty much got it finally! I'm just nervous to do the whole undies at night time....since he still wakes up wet most nights in his pull-ups.

Kristy Graff said...

that's so awesome! i am so happy for you! good job miq!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

That's awesome! Lucky you with only one in diapers!

SuSu said...

I love her mind!

Kara said...

Go Mique! That's so great. My Will (who also has his own mind) did the same thing at 2--most things were really hard with Will, but he potty-trained himself. Congratulations, to you and Mique!