Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tragedy

I am not sure if it is that I am getting older, know more people, am more aware...or if tragedy is just striking more, but it seems like I am constantly hearing about a tragedy involving someone I know. I am not going to lie, it REALLY effects me. Especially when the loss is that of a child. This week a good family friend...one that I have known as long as I can remember, lost their 3 month old baby to SIDS. My heart aches for this family. I cannot even imagine the pain and heartache (I do not want to imagine it). I think about them all the time. I wish there was something I could do. I am so grateful for our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and even though it does not take away the pain of loss, it puts perspective in an eternal nature. This family will be together again, this little soul received his body and can now gain his eternal rewards. I have felt to strongly that these parents are special chosen people to face this situation of being a part of the creative process providing their boy a body and having to let him go WAY too soon. It is good to know that their family surrounds them at this time.

I think part of the reason I am so affected is that my baby is only 8 months old. I cannot imagine having him one day, and not the next. He has not been feeling well the last couple of days, and I have taken the time to hold him close and tight. The other night we slept most of it on the couch...I just rested his head on my arm, pulled him in close, kissed his face, and just looked at my precious little one. I love my little buddy and want to take every opportunity to enjoy him, all of the kids for that matter. Life is unpredictable, and thank goodness for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to ease these earthly burdens!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of this special baby. When these things happen they tug mightily at my heart as well. Even though I'm not "living the experience" as this family or as others do, I still try to learn and grow from it; knowing that each life touches ours for good. This also reminds me of the shortness of this earthly life and just how fragile it really is. This is a sobering reminder when I find myself getting too caught up in day to day life that can at times overwhelm me.

karen schafer said...

hola como estas?
saludos karen schafer de mejillones, chile
hermosa familia besos