Thursday, January 13, 2011

Long days

It is 11:45 and I am just occupying my hands until Grant gets home. He went into work today at 8:00am, we took him lunch at work at 1:00pm, and now it is 11:45pm and he is still at work (but hopefully heading home pretty soon.) They were setting up the new phones and what he thought would be a couple hour job has turned in to much MUCH more. I feel so bad for him, he has got to be exhausted. This week he has already been at work for 52 hours, and two days left in the work week so at minimum another 22 (yep over 74 hours, yikes!). The hard part is that there is no other way to do it right now. I am just afraid he is so worn down and without any time to recoup, he will get sick. It will get better...it will get better. I wish his superiors truly understood the time, energy and effort he is putting into this. He is one of the hardest workers I have ever known, and no one can argue that. I wish he could have a little time to take care of himself, he is such a good man. Longs days are necessary, but I (and he too I am sure) will be so glad when they are long gone!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

From my seat; all I can say is thank you for being a loving, understanding, and supportive wife. I appreciate that more than you know.

Holly said...

I can totally relate! There are weeks were Mitch has worked over 90 hours. I know crazy. And it has been on graveyards before. Blah. It can be so hard on both ends, that I feel like a single mother and I can only imagine how he feels. The cool thing about it is we miss them so much that when they are finally home, we dont take forgranted that time we have with them. Hang in there Brit! If you ever want to hang out, call me!

Aneesa Bee said...

we were there over Christmas. Sometimes it helps to know that I'm not the only wife going through it--but most of the time I just want it to end!!! Good time for journaling I guess. Hang in there. And get some chewable Vitamin C tablets to pass out :-)