Friday, September 19, 2008

The good ole days

I have a lot of different good ole days, but today as I was driving to the bank I was reminded of one particular type. I was stopped at a light on 20th waiting for it to turn green when I looked over to my right and saw a couple of girls in a red car dancing around and laughing. They looked over at me like we know we are silly, but we are having a blast. It reminded me so much of Chelsey and me in college. We loved to turn the music up in the Celica and sing and dance while driving down the road or freeway. We did not care if people thought we were crazy or silly. We even liked to get a little bit of a reaction. We were just having fun. Oh the carefree days of no major responsibility. Our biggest concerns were: school, getting to work after being up until 4 a.m., what color to paint our nails before going dancing, what boys we were going to hang out with, what we were going to be able to make for dinner with what we already had in the apartment (a very strange green bean casserole that only tasted good that night because we were so hungry!) and making sure we always had a box of brownies and mint cholcolate chip ice cream for late night chats about who knows what (boys?!). Those were glorious days. Then, today I found myself in a car with four car seats (all occupied) driving to the bank before returning home to make dinner for a family of six (funny enough the dinner is a shepherds pie with green beans) while listening to Michael Buble to which my daughter has begged me to listen. There are moments that I really miss those days, but I would not trade these days for anything!

2 comments:

Chels said...

I fully agree, those were fun days. I also would not trade where I am for anything. I have to admit, I still turn up the music and dance with Harley and Kaylee while Noah whines of a headache. They have fun and aren't too digusted with me yet so I have to take advantage. Of course I will enjoy disgusting her too.

Amy said...

When I tried the link from the family website it didn't work, but obviously I was able to find you. Your blog looks lovely! I went to Mooch's, I will be following her too. That girl cracks my up! lol! Maybe someday I will get on the band wagon...