Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We had a green day!

Jamison was so excited to tell me today that she did not get her color changed and she stayed green. She even wanted to call her dad and tell him when she got home. She was even more pleasant after school today than she normally is. Everyone has been telling us that it is not as big of a deal as we might think and that we need to relax and give her a break, and on some level I know that, but I am her parent and I worry. She really is a good kid, I just want to make sure I am doing all I can to help her be a good person and have success in her life. It was a rough day yesterday, but today has been immensely better. I made myself take a nap today and I have been better able to deal. The kids have been good (probably because the tv has been on a lot today, what can I say a free babysitter. At least most of the time it has been a learning dvd...at so I tell myself.) I guess I just don't want to ever look back and see that I let my kids down because I did not teach them well enough. I know that I will look back and wish I had done things differently, that I will have regrets, but I do not want to let them down.

On a different not I want to write just a little snippet about each kids that either cracks me up or amazes me. Despite bad days, I do have wonderful/amazing kids (and I know I am biased.)

  1. Jamison: She is the most forgiving child. She can be is such big trouble, like yesterday, and within minutes she is holding tight onto our necks giving us hugs and telling us that she loves us. She is such a smart kid, she just does things on her own terms, she often does not let people know how smart she is. She can be strictly obedient. Yesterday she was told that she could not have dessert. She was in tears because she wanted it so bad, but she would not take it if offered to her because she was told she could not and respected that. She politely talked to her dad and eventually got to have some ice cream, but she sometimes can truly respect what she has been told even if tempters stand right by. I hope she keeps that strength for good always!
  2. Caleb: What can I say, this kid loves the Green Bay Packers. I am not sure where the love affair began, but it is strong now. Last week the Packers game was not broadcast and he was devastated that he was not able to watch the game. This week it was a night game and he was able to watch the first hour of it before bedtime. On Monday morning the first thing he said to Grant was, "Did the Packers win last night?" I cannot even believe that he thought of that, or even cared. Oh, but he did. Football is a big deal to him and he is passionate about it. He is also passionate about his baby sister. He always wants to take care of her and sits by her side to help her stop crying. It is so sweet. He even tells me he wants to change her diapers, if only! His passions run deep, and I love it!
  3. Asher: I have not seen a kid much happier about a birthday present than him when he got his golf clubs last night. The kids has not put them down for more than about an hour since last night...whether he was awake or asleep. Yes, he slept with his club and ball. He loves golf like Caleb loves football. I still have not figured out if the love of sports is learned from Grant or if it is just in them. One more thing about my little Asher-basher. Our primary makes a cd of the songs for the program for that year for each family. I keep it in my car and try to play it for them so it helps them to learn the words. Yesterday I turned it on and Asher was singing I am a child of God. He actually knew a lot of the songs. When a verse would finish he would yell, "more, more, " until the next verse started. I was so proud of him, what a smart good kid!
  4. Miquelyn: She obviously is too small to really show us her personality, but I know it is there. With our kids I have definitely learned that they are born with their own little personalities. I am looking forward to discovering hers. She has been such a good baby so far, thank goodness. It has made this transition so much easier than I thought it would be. I do love the moments we get together when she cuddles up to me and falls asleep. I love the feeling of her close by. She is my little sweety and She has filled her place in our family perfectly!

Needless to say, a much better day!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Great job Jamison! I love the snippets of all the kids. It just kills me that Caleb is such a Green Bay fan, where in the world did that come from?