Friday, September 26, 2008

Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown

In our family music is a feeling of happiness. A couple of nights ago we had the music on during dinner. At one point I look at Asher and he is playing his fork like a trumpet. Too cute!!! The rest of the family joined in and I had to remember it forever with a picture. Music set a tone for that night or enjoyment, playfulness and happiness! Last night I was rounding up the kids to get them to bed. I went out to the tv room to get their teeth brushed. Grant had the music on once again and the two older kids were dancing. It was not long before Asher and Grant joined in. I was in a rush to get the kids to bed and have a little time without them (oh how I need that time by the end of the day). I sat down for a minute and let that rush melt away. I realized that it is more important to enjoy the kids in these moments then rush them away and enjoy those moments without them. Before I knew it I was joining in too. Together our family loves to listen to music (loud I might add) and wiggle our bodies along with it. These are some of the memories I never want to fade.

Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

This is a form of expression that is much appreciated in this family!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love it! I think we need to try that more often too. The kids love to dance and it is a great way to laugh and be silly. We all need that.

Annie. said...

Music, music! I feel like it is the breath of life in me. I am so glad you love music too! I will always love the memory of signing "Breath of Heaven" with you and the other girls.

Chanel said...

I LOVE dancing and moving my body to the beat. I love to do it even more with my kids. Me and the girls had a dance party this week also. I still love memories of doing it worth the family growing up. It is so fun!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Thats awesome! I love how you and Grant joined in on the fun too. What a fun little memory

Chels said...

It reminds me of growing up. We had so much fun at our dance parties.