Sunday, February 15, 2009

Devil/Angel

Asher has been been giving me a run for my money. He figured out that if he pushed the chair to the kitchen counters he could get up on them and have access to a whole new world. The first time he played with Mique's baby oatmeal. I took it away, cleaned it up, chastised him and went about my day. The next day he did the same thing only the rest of the box of oatmeal was all over the table and chair. He got in even more trouble and told very strenly not to do it again. I was about at my limit with the trouble and messes he had been causing. Yesterday I found him again on the counter tops only this time an entire bottle of oil oil was everywhere. It is a good thing he had a diaper on or his little behind would have hurt. I then found a patch of carpet that he had rubbed pink playdo into...now I was over the edge. My voice was as loud as it could get. At that moment I wanted to walk away from being a mom just for a moment. Tonight the face of the little devil turned into the voice of a little angel. I put him to bed but he was not ready to sleep. I walked by later and heard, "Mamma, I want you." I walked in and told him I was right there. He said, "Mamma I want to hold you." I got down in bed with him to give him cuddles. He then directed me as to how exactly he wanted me to hold him. It was so sweet to lay with my little boy in good spirits and not feeling angry at him. I love those little lips that give me sweet kisses and the tight squeezes when he hugs me. He can be a little angel!

4 comments:

brit said...

that little stinker! i love it!

Annie. said...

I hate to admit that all we did was laugh when we heard that story! :) What a stinker. He's so cute though you just can't help but LOVE the kid.

Holly said...

He is giving you a run for your sanity girl! What I love about kids is they are so easily forgiving and loving. I think its mechanism put into all kids so they forget the bad and wont be forever screwed up by their parents. LOL!

Chanel said...

I love that little devil. Tell him Nelly says his horns are doing a great job of holding up that halo!