Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why I love the people with whom I run

After our Saturday long run I got thinking about how much I love running with those with whom I run. Here it goes:

Christi: She is smoking good, faster than anyone I know, yet she will slow it down to my pace in order to have good conversation. Though, what I love the most is that even though she is so amazing, she never makes anyone feel like she is better than them. She is always interested, supportive and super encouraging.

Chelsey: We were talking the other week and realized that it has been about 15 years since she has run...but it has not stopped her from trying. I remember not that long ago she thought she could not even run a mile...and yet a couple of days ago she did 9! She is not afraid to run her pace..she is being smart, I love that! She has monster blisters, but it has not stopped her. I love the joy on her face when she finishes a long run, it gets me excited all over again.

Britney: Self proclaimed sprinter has shown her ability to endure and kick butt at the distance. We started the running adventure a little over two years ago, and we have motivated each other unspoken amounts. I would not have made most of the 6am runs if it were not for her. She even picked me back up as a running buddy after a break with Miquelyn. I love that she pushes through her asthma and has done more in the last month and a half than she probably thought she could. I love her drive!

Grant: Well there are so many reasons why I love Grant, but I will stick to the running related ones today. I am so glad he wanted to run this race with me, though in reality he is going to run this race ahead of me. He always claims to be a non-runner, but he has blown me away. He is doing so well (despite blisters too) and can manage his pace better than anyone I know. He will slow it down a bit just to be with me. I have to admit I was kinda sad when he ended up doing so well...I so wanted to be better than him at something, but alas he shows me up once again. I actually am so proud of him I can barely stand it. When I run with him I push myself harder than I would with anyone else. As almost always, having him by my side makes me work harder and makes me a better person!

There are so many things I have learned from running, and several spiritual experiences as a result. My love for these people and the things they teach me make this experience even more rewarding.

7 comments:

SuSu said...

You continue to inspire me. Thank you for being you.

brit said...

ok, so that was a super sweet post. if it wasn't for you, i would still be a lazy couch potatoe. until the past few weeks i had know idea how much u had to slow up for me and i totally appreciate it. thanks.

Chels said...

I have been thinking a lot of the same things lately and you stole my post. Thanks a lot! Oh well everyone will just think I'm a copy cat. You're pretty amazing too.

Rachel Clare said...

Sweet! What race are you doing? You are so motivating to my Brittani!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

Are you training to run a marathon? Good luck with which ever race you are doing!

Brittani said...

We are doing a half Marathon...very excited for it and very ready for it to be over. Miquelyn, if you read this do you mind inviting me to your blog, would love to read all about you guys!

Chanel said...

You are all awesome. I wish I had the drive, and maybe someday I will feel like I can. I am so excited to see you all achieving your goals! It sure makes me miss my sweet sisters to read about you being together, but I am SOOOO glad yu all have eachother!