Monday, February 2, 2009

The Worst Date I Ever Had

I am sad to admit that there have been many bad dates...ranging from after ten minutes into a date becoming a girl friend of someone I did not even really know or care to continue to know, being tricked into going to the temple (obviously with a guy I did not like at all) 2 1/2 hours away in a car with no air conditioning and only am radio, to very uncomfortable blind dates. But when I thought of my worst date ever, one particular one popped into my mind. It was the summer before I left to college. A guy from Kirtland that I kinda liked, and we kissed (by the way the worst kisser ever!) He asked me out on a double date to go miniature golfing and dinner I believe. I, for some stupid reason, did not take my wallet. When we got to the miniature golf place and got in line to buy tickets, it quickly became evident that my date had no intention at all to pay for me. So, I had to swallow my little pride and ask if I could borrow money from him and I would pay him back when I got home. He was nice enough, ha ha, to do just that. When I got home he waited around for me to get the cash and pay him back. Needless to say we never did anything together again! So yes, that was a pretty bad date!

7 comments:

Holly said...

That is a horrible date!! Here i mine...Mitch and I went to BK when we first started dating, they had their 99 cent whopper's then. We had gone there with his BF and I realized I had forgotten my wallet in my car. So, I didnt have any money. So after they had both ordered Mitch said "You're not hungry?" I told him I forgot my money in my car and he never offered to pay for me!! His BF ended up offering to buy me some dinner. Five years later I married the fool!

Holly said...

PS- Thank you for your sweet and thoughtful comment! I am doing okay, just taking it a day at a time.

Kristy Graff said...

Oh my heck! That is terrible! Glad you never went out with him again!

Chels said...

Thanks for the laugh. I remember that date, but I can't remeber who it was with so you need to dish those details.

Ashley Allred said...

oh my gosh! that really is horrible. What a lame guy. I hope he didn't expect a second date. Funny story to have though!

Chanel said...

What a LOSER! I hope my girls never get stuck out with a shmuck like that!

Aneesa Bee said...

Don't you wish now that you'd had the guts to make him feel like the fool for not just PLANNING to pay your way instead of you feeling foolish. I'm glad you married a guy who takes such good care of you!
Aneesa