Thursday, January 28, 2010

Growing Pains

Last night Asher woke up about 11:30 screaming (not just crying but screaming) I cannot walk anymore, mamma I need you. So I throw my legs over the bed and drag myself downstairs to find him beside himself. His leg hurt, that much was easy to get. I situated him in bed, laid next to him and started to rub them. I remember growing up having terrible leg aches (growing pains.) Ones that brought me to tears often. I remember my mom always being so patient and loving trying to rub them out and relieve the pain. I tried to do the same for my little one who was hurting. After awhile I stopped rubbing and the fidgeting immediately started. It was not going to cut it. So I carried the little man, two of his blanket and a hockey stick upstairs (not a terribly easy feat with a 6 month pregnant belly.) I got him some ibuprofen and made a bed for him on the couch. I rubbed his leg some more until the medicine kicked in and he seemed content....until I tried to walk away. He was not about to give up without a fight. His leg was doing better, but he was beside himself because he did not have his hockey puck. So at 12 o'clock at night, motivated more by pure exhaustion than love, I began the search in the playroom and his room for the missing hockey puck. It was found, he was settled and I went to bed (until the next round of disturbances.) Someday these kids will appreciate the extreme measures their mother has taken the to make them happy and get them to go to sleep!!!!

2 comments:

Annie. said...

They probably won't...until they have their own kids. :) I didn't!

Brittani said...

Exactly...soemday when they have to get up at night too!!!