Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not as bad

Why do I make things out to be worse in my mind than they are. I have been dreading school starting again for over a week. I hated the thought of having to get up again in time to get kids awake, fed, ready and out the door just to start my crazy day. Most of all I dreaded sending James off to school for 7 hours of her waking day (which is all totalled only about 11 hours) and not being as much a part of her life. It makes me sad whenever I think of it in those terms. So last night I tucked the kids in bed with reluctance to the next day I had to face....mostly school, but laundry and grocery shopping played a part too. I talked with Grant about how they are growing to quick and leaving too soon...Yet this morning came and went. We did our routine, James went to school, I was not as sad as I thought I would be, I survived and we are back at it. So why do I make it harder than it needs to be????

4 comments:

Holly said...

When you find out the answer to that question-LET ME KNOW! I feel like I always make things out to be worser than they are. Maybe its a mom thing?

brit said...

you are having a much better attitude than i am. i am still feeling sorry for myself that we have to be up so early. i am being selfish, i am not sad for my kids at all. don't get wrong i do miss them, but i mostly just don't want to get up. lazy.....

SuSu said...

Because your the mom, that's why and what we do!

Chanel said...

I feel your pain. I always dread them leaving me. What a big baby I am ( ad maybe a little psycho too). It amazes me how fast the day goes by though, and they are home before I know it. I loved this morning though because we had a school delay of 2 hours. What an easy week- no school Monday and a 2 hour delay on Thursday! I love it!!!