Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple gesture

Last night I was in the laundry room getting the kids clothes out of the dryer. All the kids were downstairs playing. Grant walked in behind me as I picked up a basket of laundry and put his arms around my ever growing (or non-existant) nwaist. I put the basket down and he pulled me in kissed me on the cheek and told me he loved me. It was simply wonderful. It made me think about times when we were first married and I would be doing the dishes and he would do almost the same thing. Then I would shrug him off and tell him not right now, I am busy...I wish I had not done that. I am so glad he did not ever give up on me, and I am so glad I have realized I need to slow down and enjoy those simple gestures offered to me. What a good man I have and how much I have learned and need to learn!

3 comments:

Annie. said...

This is really sweet. Keepin the flame alive, Grant! :)

Kristy Graff said...

grant is serisouly the cuteset! i just love him! you two are so cute together!

Unknown said...

Too Sweet! You guys are darling

Tell Grant he is getting mushy :]