Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good day gone bad....gone worse

It started out as a good normal day. We were told last night that closing on the house was scheduled in California for today and all was good to go. This all came about after a drama on Monday that about did Grant and I in. We were told if we did not close on Thursday (yet we were set to close on Friday) we would lose our interest rate. After a big mess we found out that we would not lose the rate, but if we did not close on Thursday it would cost the finance people more money. There is so much to the story I cannot even scratch the surface. So back to today. I got to go to TJ Maxx and find a new diaper bag (mine broke). I picked up James from school and we did an art project together to enter into her school contest. I called our realtor to find out what time we were going to close on the old house, but had to leave a message. I get a call from her saying there was an e-mail, she did not know what it said but she was on her way to the office to read it and let us know. In short, we will not be closing tomorrow, or even this week...actually probably not until next Wednesday...another extension. Our sellers are going to start charging us rent, but our buyers will pay the same to compensate. We feel like we are being lied to and not taken care of...not many people are trying to help us or get us answers. I was on the computer and phone today trying to get a hold of the Finance people and realtor in California to get a straight answer. I do not feel like I should have to do it...we are paying other people a lot of money to do it, but it is not getting done, so I will step up.

So the getting worse. After the call I try to make dinner. I am grilling chicken, but the wind is blowing so hard it keeps blowing the flames out. Chicken is now in the oven and in the mean time kids are eating ramen noodles. Our home phone stopped working AGAIN. We have lived here three weeks and over a week of that we have not had working service...yet they charged me for it even after they said they would not...go figure. Then I go to switch the laundry and I discover that I probably ruined one of my favorite pairs of Grant's pants...a color bled. I am trying every trick I know to try and get it out...but I doubt it will work. Not my day.

I know this is not the end of the world, but it really stinks right now. I do not want to hear "this too will pass" not the right words of encouragement right now. The more time passes, the worse it gets!

On a positive note, I finally got my ironing!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Brittani, I am so sorry to hear of your bad day...weeks! No good. Very frustrating. I can sympathize with you totally because there I days I feel like crap and think that it couldnt get worse and it does. I have to tell you I feel a little better to know I am not the only one who finds life to be so hard at times. I really hope you have a better day tomorrow and that you guys get all the house stuff finalized very soon! Good luck.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry... this sucks! You are right, you shouldn't have to do the "leg" work... what's up with that?! Call if you need to vent.

Kimberly said...

Would it make you feel better to know that I'm screaming in Kansas for you? ;) Can you hear me...

SuSu said...

And I'm SCREAMING in California for you as well!! These kinds of things make me MORE THAN crazy and on so many levels.........

Kristy Graff said...

oh my heck! what a mess! i feel bad for you guys but hey, at least we're going out for a yummy dinner tonight!!! i'm so excited!

Chanel said...

Just grab your kids and your husband and run away from it all- to Texas! What a crummy mess. I hope it starts falling into place real soon.