Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brothers

I had a Dr's appointment today. It was just easier to take the kids...so I thought. There is a little area with toys for the kids, so the boys automatically go there and play while I check in. I headed to the bathroom with Mique to do the necessary. As I am sitting on the toilet (on the other side of the building) I hear what sounds like Ahser screaming. I pause, listen and then become convinced that it is him. I try to finish quickly, get all the layers back on, wash my hands and rush out the door. As I round the corner and the noise increases, I see Caleb with his hands wrapped around Asher's head. He is shaking him while Asher has his hands on top of Caleb's trying to set himself free...while crying and screaming. I b-line it to them and notice, out of the corners of my eyes, all the other patients in the waiting room and workers behind the desk silent and looking on with faces that read "holy crap, what should we do." I get close enough for Asher to see me and he started yelling, "Caleb hit me." I separate, put kids in chairs, cover Asher's mouth until the crying is no longer piercing and try and let them both know how much trouble they are in without causing an even bigger scene. Mique in the meantime takes off and enjoys uninhibited play with the toys. Oh "brother!"

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

And here I was thinking my kids were the only ones who fought. Hee hee!
How about I take the kids for your next doctors visit ;).

Amy said...

I would have been sweating buckets. I hate when things like that happen, not that you could do much about it. So what happened when you got home????

SuSu said...

"brothers, brothers, there were never such devoted brothers!" Well maybe not today......but maybe tomorrow!

Annie. said...

That's hilarous! I'm so sorry though - I'm sure it's not so funny to you. :) The kids will love these stories someday. I wish I had stories like this to read!

Rachel Clare said...

oh no! i'm... glad it wasn't me ?
so sorry! on the flip side, that's such a cute picture! (just bought elias his first pink shirt, and he's actually thrilled about it!) ;)

Holly said...

Not fun! I feel for ya, been there, done that:))