Friday, March 12, 2010

Gibberish

When Chelsey and I were littler (height and weight) we wanted so bad to speak another language. So, we decided to make up our own language. We started with a piece of paper and wrote down hundreds of made up words: letters in different combinations. Then we went back and attached a real word to it. I cannot remember how many pages there were by the end. We spent countless hours studying our language. We could talk to each other, and only the two of us knew what we were talking about. (Such good memories!) Well, one of the kids did something the other week that reminded me of this. Asher has gotten into this stage where he likes to make up words, just putting all kinds of sounds together. One day he settled on his choice word for the day. That was what he decided he was going to call people. I heard it once or twice vaguely, but it did not take long for me to realize his word (which he thought was made up) was actually a real word. I had to sit him down and tell him that it was not nice and not to call other people that. After a few days and I went to tell Grant about it and could not remember what the word was. Then the other day I remembered. Asher's made up word that he was calling everyone was......bigot. Yep, my little 3 year old boy was calling everyone in sight a bigot. I am laughing now as I am writing it. Oh gibberish!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's hilarious! Where did he hear that word?

brit said...

oh that asher boy....what a guy!

Chels said...

He and Mique know how cool gibberish is. Just ask Mique, we talk in gibberish to each other all the time

Mikael Squire said...

HA ha ha! For real, that kid cracks me up endlessly. I can't wait to see you all!