Saturday, March 27, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The Good:
We took Mique's Binky way on Monday and she has done fabulous. I always dread it, even though we have done it three times before. We learned the hard way that the sooner it is taken away the better, so about 18 months is the mark. I waited til spring break so Mique did not keep James up with school the next day. The first night it took her about an hour to go to sleep (not crying the whole time thank goodness.) Also thank goodness for Grant, I would have caved if he was not there to help. I think that sad cry out of kids evokes a different emotion in mothers than fathers. With his help she fell asleep and slept through the night. The second night only took about 20 minutes. The third night about 5, and down to last night which she did not even cry at all. I am proud of Mique and glad it is gone.

The Bad:
It has been a bummer spring break because every single kid is sick. It is mostly a cold with a relentless cough. I even got a mild version of the cold. So, we have been mostly house bound and did not really get to do anything super fun. We will make up for it this summer!

The Ugly:
Asher ended up with a nasty ear infection and on antibiotics. He is doing much better now, we are just waiting to see if Mique is in the the same predicament. It is hard because she can only say ouie, but we are not sure what it means. She is sick and crabby, so it makes for long days. I am ready for everyone to be healthy!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry. I hope everyone feels better soon. By the way... Rick's ring on his phone is "the good, the bad, and the ugly"

Regina said...

That's no fun to be sick! Sounds like you all had the same stuff we had. Not fun at all! And that cough takes forever to go away.

Mikael Squire said...

Dangit! You should have stayed in Utah and away from those New Mexico germs! JK. Can't wait to see everyone again. Hope it's soon

Annie. said...

I hope Eli is that easy with the binkie!

I always love your posts. Thanks for sharing.

I hope everyone feels better real soon!

I can't wait for this baby...