Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On our way to the biggest loser

Grant hates reality shows, always has. He shakes his head at my desire to watch project runway and America's next top model (I have to admit sometimes I shake my head at myself...but I do love to watch people create, whether clothes or photos). He refuses to watch American Idol...mostly cause he cannot handle the bad singing, he get embarrassed for the people that so clearly should be embarrassed for themselves and are not. I do get him to watch Amazing race as we see all the cool places around the world and decide if it were us, who would do which challenge. This year we are hooked, on the biggest loser that is. The only reason it came about is because Koli was someone he knew from high school and church. We are rooting him on. (Though, have to to admit we have to turn our heads away several times during an episode.) We have had a funny little tradition come of watching this on Tuesday nights. It is our night that we must, no questions asked, eat something unhealthy (i.e. ice cream, Swedish fish, hot tamales) while we sit on our tushes watching people work their tails off and eat healthy. Yep that is us, Grant and Brittani working our way towards this biggest loser...all the while watching it.

8 comments:

Kristy Graff said...

haha! oh i love it! you guys rock!

SuSu said...

I thought that's what you were suppose to do, eat ice cream and watch Biggest Loser......doesn't everybody....eat ice cream that is!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

Haha that's pretty funny. I couldn't get Dave to watch reality shows but now I have him watching American Idol (he just likes Simon) and this year we started watching Biggest Loser and Koli is our guy! That's so cool that Grant knows him. It's really an addicting show haha.

Ashley Allred said...

I'm glad The Show has got you hooked. I thought you weren't going to watch it anymore because you said that you and Grant had nightmares after. lol. This is our 3rd season watching and we always eat ice cream during the show as well. It's sad but tradition. Justin just talked to his buddy and we have some new excited news about Koli....:)

Mikael Squire said...

The joy of fat people and fat foods. I am the first, and I love the second.

brit said...

sillies...it's suppose to motivate you to a healthier lifestyle, not the other way around. well......i don't think either of you will ever have to worry about weight issues:) so enjoy your tradition. i love it!

p.s. i love all the stupid reality shows.

Rachel Clare said...

This is the first season I've not really watched it. Justin has always called it "The Fattest Fattie".
"So Rach, you gonna watch the Fattest Fattie tonight?"

Brother.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Thats hilarious-Perry and I do the same thing every Tuesday night-except I am the one that eats the icecream-and he eats chips...
Go Koli-we are cheering him on too.