Monday, May 17, 2010

Isaac's Arrival

Isaac's labor could not have gone better. Monday night I was having pretty strong contractions, they actually hurt, but would not get closer than about 10 minutes apart. I could sleep a little between contractions, but I was exhausted by morning. I had an appointment with Dr Chang at 9:30, and Grant wanted to go with me (he wanted to make sure I actually talked to the Dr.) When he checked me I was only a 2, maybe 3...but he said that could mean anytime for me. I said that is what worried me. (The closer the time came, the more nervous I became about being a good judge as to when to go to the hospital. I was so worried I would not make it in time.) He said he could induce me that day or the next, it did not matter to him. I opted to go to the hospital that day (I even had my bag in the car hoping he would let me.) After talking for a minute he said he was not even going to see if there was room, he was just going to send me over...so off we were.

We got to the hospital about 10:30 or so, and was checked in by 11:00. The Dr came at 12:00 to break my water, which we discovered he really did not have any fluid. Chang said it was a good thing we went in that day for that reason. The nurse was cracking us up, she did not want to deliver the baby, "that is the Dr's thing," she said. She had everything ready before I really got going. She kept saying that I went quick and she did not trust me, I told her I did not trust myself either, that is why we were there.

About 1:00 she checked me and I was almost a 7. I told her from that point on I went quick. She went straight out to call the Dr, who was still in the hospital thank goodness. He came up and prepped immediately. Less than 20 minutes after getting checked and about three contractions of pushing Isaac was out and screaming. It was a super smooth delivery and I was so glad to be done. I have to admit the thought of the pain scared me, but once it was over I was singing praises to an all natural delivery...they rock on the other side of it.

I cannot leave out the fact that Grant is the best coach ever! He knows just how to get me to relax, what to say and how to make me feel good. I just beam when he tells me that he is proud of me. He makes the experience so much better. I could not love that man anymore...at least I do not think. He is AMAZING!

I have been spoiling Isaac and holding him as much as I can. Who cares if the house is not up to my normal standard. I am getting to love, snuggle and enjoy my little baby, and I am taking advantage of every moment!

The night Isaac was born I lay in my bed with Isaac curled up on my side. I was looking at Grant (my gorgeous husband) laying on his chair/bed. He put on two songs (wonderful world and home) and I felt so content and happy. Even though life as a mother of five 7 and under is crazy I feel so content and happy. Life is wonderful!

4 comments:

SuSu said...

Life is wonderful that is for sure. Can hardly wait to get my snuggle time with Isaac.

Mikael Squire said...

Love the new pics of the kids and I can't wait to meet him!

Aneesa Bee said...

Thanks for sharing more details. Looks like you may need to add comment moderation someday--for Jesson and ReyAnn, or is that someone you know? I'm so PROUD of you--mother of FIVE, way to go!!! I hope you continue to be happy with your little one, and let the house go for a while. Then I will not feel guilty for mine :-) They're only this little once (that's what I keep telling myself). Get some rest!

Rachel Clare said...

You've always been lucky in the labor/delivery department!