Thursday, May 20, 2010

Single Moms

My heart goes out to and my hat comes off to all single moms out there. I have always said nothing better ever happen to Grant because I would be a terrible single parent...yet I find my self in that mode more often than I would like. I am exhausted by the end of the day, and I have not even gone to work out side of the home. How those women do it, cook dinner, clean and do laundry amazes me. Now how they do it when they are sick is beyond me! Here I am at 7:35 with no hope of Grant coming home soon, a 9 day old baby, four other kids 7 and under and strep throat (with aches, chills and difficulty swallowing)...and putting the kids to bed is draining me. It makes me marvel at what those women do...at least I know my hubby will eventually come home and try to baby me as well as he knows how (or as well as I let him.)

7 comments:

SuSu said...

Wish we were closer.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. Let him, and anyone else who tries, baby you. You deserve it!

Dom Casas said...

Single mothers really need such aid to be able to give a good future for her child.


tagged: grants for single mothers

Holly said...

Amen Sister! Only I had this conversation to two other women who do work outside the home and they said the same about us SAHM's. They asked me how I did it so often alone because of Mitch's work schedule? They both said they cant handle staying at home, they want a break and look forward to work. I on the other hand would do well having to work on top of having all of my household duties and being a good mama. My hat goes off to you...you have one more than me and so I hope your kiddos get better and you have a good weekend!

brit said...

sorry you r sick!! get better soon.

Kara said...

Oh man. Strep throat and a new baby is so awful. I'm with you on the single mom thing, though. I'm so grateful for my husband.

Ashley Allred said...

I totally understand the whole single parent thing as well. This week I've hardly seen Justin. He went to work on Sunday and got home late Tuesday night cuz he filled in for someone, I saw him part of Wednesday and Thursday and he went back to work this morning and won't get home until late Monday. He covered for another person at work. I told him last night that we need so badly to re-connect! I guess I'm understanding the life as a firefighters wife. Just don't know how crazy it'll be when we have more kids...yikes! Hope you feel better! Can't wait to see your littlest man!