Friday, November 14, 2008

Back to Normal

Well, Chelsey and Scott are back so Harley and Noah have left us...life back to normal I suppose. The kids were great, it was a good week. I have learned a few things this week while taking care of Chelsey's kids:

1. I could do six kids. I took them all to the mall one day and I managed. I got many a strange looks and even had one man brave enough to ask if they were all mine. I could do it...but I still only picture our family with five...sorry Sue.
2. It is amazing how quickly six kids can make a huge mess...but it is no big deal when they clean it up themselves.
3. With that many kids little entertainment is requested from me.
4. Jamison and lack of sleep=getting in major trouble at school.
5. Noah can live perfectly fine without his DS.
6. At age nine, family is still preferred over friends.
7. The food is always better somewhere else.
8. Favorite moments are found in unexpected laughs (like a spider that Noah though he killed, but started crawling towards him. I hadn't laughed that hard with Har and Noah ever!)
9. How much we need family! It was great to be able to do something for Chels after she has done so much for me! It was great to have Perry and Christi there to help as well. There is no way we could do as much as we can without family, and those moments and memories are everything!

So I guess back to normal now, with a new knowledge, appreciation and understanding!

3 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

What a crazy week! What a crazy woman you are to take them all to the mall! I totally admire you for that! And how fun to have cousins making such fun memories together. I've loved reading through your blog Britney!

Chels said...

Thanks for helping us so much. We didn't even think about the kids while we were gone, because they were with you and Perry and Christi.

SuSu said...

So you could do it.....I'm still feelin' the six......but that's just me :-)