Thursday, November 20, 2008

Calling in sick

Can you call in sick when you are a mother? Well I found out yesterday that I am oh so lucky enough to be able to do just that. On Monday I went to Urgent care to get an infection looked at that I thought might be MRSA (a nasty strain of infection.) Sure enough it was so they put me on two pretty strong antibiotics. On Tuesday I was feeling achy, but figured the medicine had not had enough time to kick in. By Tuesday night I was chilling, very achy and very nauseous. By Wednesday morning I as a mess. I did not even think I was going to be able to get the kids ready for school. I called my mom first thing in the morning and within minutes she was by my side and ready to take Caleb to school. We packed the rest of us up and spent the day at her house so I could rest, and she could take care of the kids and me. What a great mom huh! She ran me a warm bath and got me a soda and made toast for me...she even gave me one slice with Cinnamon sugar on it (does she remember how much I loved that as a kid.) Unfortunately my stomach was not feeling good and I could not even get the whole piece of plain toast down. She made me chicken noodle soup for lunch. Wow, it was like being a kid again, being babied and waited on hand and foot...only now I have four babies she was caring for as well. She is so good to us. Once a mom always a mom. I had planned to go eat lunch with Jamison, but there was no way I was going to be able to. I got on the phone and Chelsey was more than willing to take my place, and James was probably more excited to have her aunt than her mom. What an awesome sister I have. She also made dinner for us along with my good friend Britney. It is so nice to have such good family and such good friends there for me and taking care of our family. I am truly blessed beyond what I deserve. Thanks to all who help, I love you all! P.S. I think this is a beautiful picture of my Mom!

7 comments:

Chanel said...

I love the picture too! I am so glad that you re well taken care of. We are all so lucky to have each other. I guess we learned from the best!

Annie. said...

Your mom is a beautiful woman, so of course it is a beautiful photo of her! She really is such an incredibly unselfish woman. I am constantly amazed, and feel so lucky to have so many great "moms" to look up to on both sides of the family.

Holly said...

Wow, Your mom is awesome! I was just thinking the same thing today about wishing I could call in to work. I told Mitch I feel like I dont even have time to be sick. Sad huh. Hope you feel better soon!

Regina said...

Your mom is so awesome! That is great that you have such a great family willing to help out when you need it!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome you had some help...it is no fun when the mom is the sick one!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!!
You're mom is beautiful!

SuSu said...

What a blessing for you to have your mom so close. Hope you are feeling better.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Wow, that must have been some nasty infection. What a great story. Your mom sounds a lot like my mom. She was an amazing caretaker. Cherish your mom Britney!! What a wonderful legacy she created because you are a wonderful mom yourself.

I am so glad that you are feeling better.